Benefits of Having an Electric ForkliftOctober 19, 2018
How to Find The Best Forklift For Rent in Los AngelesOctober 26, 2018
As a business owner, finding the best forklift can be a daunting task; yet if you find the right one, it could cause you to be very productive. Thanks to leaps and bounds in advancement in forklift technology in recent years, trends have seen the introduction of more ergonomic designs and enhancements that can drastically improve your operations and increase your productivity. Time is money, and convenience is priceless, but the impact on your bottom line will be tangible. You may want to research forklifts like the order picker forklift, or simply do your own research based on your specific needs.
Three essential criteria
When shopping for your forklift, don't make the same mistake that beginners often make when they account only for their service labor fees, assuming that lower is more desirable. This is not always an accurate representation of quality or suitability. As service maintenance contracts are imperative to sustain the extended lifetime of your investment, it is vital that you track down a dealer of substance, where after-sales support is a priority. Be very mindful of the following;
Order pickers fall into 7 classes. Class 1 includes Electric Motor Rider Forklifts, Class 2 comprises Electric Narrow Aisle Forklifts, Class 3 refers to Electric Hand Pallet Jacks or Walkie/Rider Jack Forklifts, Class 4 forklifts include Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Cushion Tire Forklifts, Class 5 forklifts comprise Internal Combustion Engine (ICE) Pneumatic Tire Forklifts, Class 6 refers to Electric and Internal Combustion Engine Tractor Forklift, and Class 7 includes all Rough Terrain Forklift Trucks.
- Their track record of first-call fixes, as well as their average turnaround time
- If they have access to name brand or generic parts, how long it will take to source replacement parts
- Contact details and after-hour support accessibility
More tips to help you decide on your order picker forklift
If you are still undecided and let's be honest, your range of choice is huge as there are countless suppliers and an array of manufacturers and additional extras available. This may also make it tricky to know how much you should be spending. Here are a few guidelines to help you narrow your budget down;
- Forklifts are generally more expensive if the capacity and height are higher.
- Top-of-the-line forklift brands are more expensive, however, they are more productive and will save you time.
- Electric forklifts are more expensive upfront than internal combustion forklifts with identical specifications.
- Pneumatic tyres are more expensive than cushion tyres.
- The above tips should help make your decision easier when considering which forklift order picker to buy.